The government is declaring war on public sector "NON-JOBS" with "meaningless titles."
Now I'm all for this. There's too many people getting paid for pointless jobs with ludicrous names and we just can't afford it any more.
So considering that we're all in this together, I'd like to give Eric Pickles a few suggestions of my own:
1. So how about Baroness Anelay "Chief Whip Captain of the Honourable Corps of the Gentlemen-at-Arms"? - that's got to be a NON-JOB.
2. Or Alistair Carmichael "Comptroller of Her Majesty’s Household"? - Blatant NON-JOBBER.
3. Or Lord Shutt of Greetland "the Lord Captain of the Queen’s Bodyguard of the Yeomen of the Guard" - NON-JOB again.
4. Or Greg Clark MP installed as "Minister for Decentralisation" after his promised post was taken by a Lib Dem - Complete NON-JOBBER.
5. Or Baroness Warsi who was made the government's "Minister without Portfolio"? - They even admit it's a NON-JOB in the title!
Of course I haven't actually bothered to check what any of these people actually do.
But then why should I? Just look at their titles. Their ridiculous, ridiculous titles.