It's good to see The Mirror running an "exclusive" picture of Brian Coleman asleep at his City Hall desk a mere year and a half after it was first published on this blog.
Still it is satisfying to see it in print, especially as Brian's appearing on our TV screens on an almost daily basis, Lord help us.
So while we're all looking, here's an (updated) list of highlight's from the life and times of our dear Brian.
During his time in office Brian has
- Spent tens of thousands of pounds on taxis whilst claiming for a free travel card.
- Laid on £88 a head meals for himself and pals at City Hall
- Led repeated failed attempts to increase his £100,000+ allowances
- Told British Olympic champions that they have the blood of Tibetans on their hands
- Called his constituents "idiots"
- Told a victim of police violence that she had it coming.
- Used GLA resources to warn off his critics
- Claimed £10k in legal fees and then lied about it to the press
- Reduced a member of staff to tears (twice)
- Got fired from a fire board for fiery behaviour
- Thrown camera crews out of a public meeting in order to hide a disgraced councillor
- Threatened a charity worker
Not to mention the small matter of accepting dinners and a £350 Harvey Nicks hamper off the company paid to (quite literally) break the fire strikes.
All of which has earned him repeated re-appointment by Boris Johnson.
Oh and the occasional well earned nap of course: